This privacy statement and fair processing notice (“Statement”) applies to Crown House Suites whose principal office address is 60 Southgate, Elland, HX5 0BW (the “Hotel”, “we”, or “us”). We strive to deliver outstanding products, services, and experiences. We value your business and your loyalty, and we recognize that privacy is an important issue. We have developed this Statement to explain our practices regarding the personal information we collect from you or about you on this site or through written or verbal communications with us, when you visit one of our properties, or from other sources.
By using any of our products or services and/or by agreeing to this Statement, e.g. in the context of registering or agreeing to any of our products or services, you agree to the collection and use of Personal Information as described in this Statement.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
At every touch point or guest interaction, and in conducting every aspect of our business, we may collect personal information. This personal information may include: your contact information; information related to your reservation, stay or visit to a property; information related to the purchase and receipt of products or services; personal characteristics, nationality, income, passport number and date and place of issue; travel history; payment information, such as your payment card number and other card information, as well as authentication information and other billing and account details associated with mobile billing; guest preferences; marketing and communication preferences; information about vehicles you may bring onto our properties; and reviews and opinions about our hotel or properties (if they are identified or associated with you).
We may ask for details on joint travelers, including their names. We may also collect information related to conversations, including recording or monitoring customer service calls and other communications such as SMS.
In addition, we collect other personal information in certain cases, such as:
- We collect additional personal information during registration/check-in at our properties, including such information as may be required by local laws. We may also use closed circuit television and other security measures at our properties that may capture or record images of guests and visitors in public areas, as well as information related to your location while on our properties. We may also use closed-circuit television and other technologies that record sound or video for the protection of our staff, guests and visitors to our properties.
- If you plan an event with us, we collect meeting and event specifications, the date of the event, number of guests, details of the guest rooms, and, for corporate events, information on your organization (name, annual budget, and number of sponsored events per year). We also collect information about the guests that are a part of your group or event. If you visit us as part of a group, we may have personal information about you provided to us by the group and may market to you as a result of your stay with a group or attendance at an event.
In addition to the information we collect from you directly, we may also infer information about you based on the information you provide to us or from Other Information we collect.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT YOU
We use your personal information in a number of ways, including to provide and personalize the services you request and expect from the Hotel, as set forth below in more detail:
- We may use your personal information to improve Hilton’s services and to ensure that our site, products, and services are of interest to you. We also use your personal information to provide you with the expected level of hospitality in-room and throughout our properties.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE SHARE
In order to offer you the expected level of hospitality and to provide you with the best level of service, we may share your personal information among members of the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands, our service providers, third parties and others as set forth in detail below:
- The Hotel may disclose personal information in order to: (i) comply with applicable laws, (ii) respond to governmental inquiries or requests from public authorities, (iii) comply with valid legal process, (iv) protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of the Hotel, site visitors, guests, employees or the public, (v) permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain, (vi) enforce our websites’ terms and conditions, and (vii) respond to an emergency.
PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
- We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18 years of age. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not to allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.
PROTECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The Hotel will take reasonable measures to: (i) protect personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction, and (ii) keep personal information accurate and up-to-date as appropriate. For online transactions, we use reasonable technology to protect the personal information that you transmit to us via our site. Unfortunately, however, no security system or system of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure.
CHANGING AND ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To the extent required by applicable law, you may be able to request that we inform you about the personal information we maintain about you and, where appropriate, request that we update, correct and/or suppress personal information about you that we maintain in our records. We will make all required updates and changes within the time specified by applicable law and, where permitted by law, may charge an appropriate fee to cover the costs of responding to the request. Such requests must be submitted in writing to the following address: 60 Southgate, Elland, HX5 0BW. To protect your confidentiality, we can only respond to such requests to the email address, or postal addres that you have registered or otherwise provided to us. Please remember that if you make such a request, we may not be able to provide you with the same quality and variety of services to which you are accustomed.
- In addition, in some circumstances based on applicable law, you may request that we cease sharing personal information about you with our business partners or that Hilton cease using personal information about you on the grounds that such personal information was acquired by unjust means or used in violation of law by sending your written request to 60 Southgate, Elland, HX5 0BW. We will seek to honour those requests consistently with applicable law.
RETAINING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We retain personal information about you for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law.